WHO ARE ACCENT?
Accent own almost 20,000 houses across the North, East, and South of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
SAARAH MOUGHAL BURSARY FUND
Our Saarah Moughal Bursary Fund aims to inspire and help ethnically diverse female students develop a career in computing and technology. The selected student will receive a £3,500 award for each year of their undergraduate degree, excluding any placement year (£10,500 total award).
Applications are open to UK female students who have applied for a full-time computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical undergraduate degree for 2022-23 entry, and identify as Black, Indigenous, or Person of Colour (BIPOC)
In being awarded the bursary, you will also be connected with experienced Accent employees through our bursary mentoring programme.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a female, who identifies as BIPOC
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a home student in a full-time, first year Bachelor’s program at an accredited university in the UK for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
- Be enrolling for their first degree.
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your intended university)
- One letter of reference from a teacher, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to two short essay questions
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM GMT
A character reference from one of your teachers in support of your application to be sent by email to email@example.com. Please ensure your referee submits the reference on letter headed paper which contains:
- their name
- contact details
- your full name
This bursary has been created in memory of Saarah, a member of our Digital Team who sadly passed away in 2020.
Saarah Moughal Bursary Fund - Application Form
Our Saarah Moughal Bursary Fund aims to inspire and help ethnically diverse female students develop a career in computing and technology. To apply please complete and return the application form before the closing date of July 31, 2022