The product of talking to 500 residents in surveys and focus groups.
Our fact finding mission was centred around one simple question – what more could we do to help our residents stay in their homes?
Answers ranged from how we could improve the lines of communication to how we could reward customers that always pay their rent on time. There was also some suggestions around the kind of information we provide, and what they think our responsibilities should be.
It is with their valuable input that we have arrived at a new vision of what your experience with Accent should be. We’ve called it the ‘Accent Partnership’, full details are below…
We have high standards for our homes and estates. To make sure they always meet those standards, we will:
- Inspect your home before you move in.
- Inspect any communal areas, (areas you may share) on our schemes and estates at agreed times.
- Carry out any emergency repairs in your home within 24 hours, and routine repairs within 15 days.
You can contact us in a way which suits you.
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday from 8am – 12pm.
- (Our repairs out-of-hours service runs from 8pm to 8am Monday to Friday, and from 12pm on Saturday to 8am on Monday).
- We aim to answer your calls in five minutes.
- We aim to action your call back requests in one working day.
- We aim to respond to your emails in one working day.
By Web chat
- We are available for webchat during our normal office hours. An advisor will aim to respond within one minute.
- We aim to respond to your MyAccount enquiries in two hours.
- If you ask us to visit you, we will aim to do so within two working days. We will give you details of a named contact who will visit on an agreed day at an agreed time.
- We aim to respond to your letters in five working days
- We will confirm the details of your repair appointment by your chosen method of contact at least 24 hours before the appointment time.
- If our contractor cannot make the appointment, we will aim to contact you at least 24 hours before to let you know.
- Our advisors will listen to your repair enquiry and arrange for the proper tradesperson to carry it out.
- Our contractors will turn up with the correct tools and materials to carry out your repair.
- We have an online Repairs Handbook which explains our:
– code of conduct
– our repair responsibilities
– your repair responsibilities
– emergency contact numbers
– service standards
– how to contact us and report a repair
Your customer partner will carry out a welcome meeting to make sure you have everything you need in your new homes and explain:
- your tenancy rights and responsibilities
- our responsibilities
- what you need to know about safety and security
- when your rent is due and how to pay it
- how to manage your account online
Your customer partner will also explain:
- the minimum standard your home should meet
- how much your home may cost to furnish or decorate
- how you might be able to furnish or decorate your home more affordably
- how we may be able to help and support you.
At least once a year, your customer partner will carry out a customer care check to make sure:
- your home still meets the needs of you and your family
- all your safety checks are up to date
- contact details for you and your household are up to date
- listen to any concerns you might have
- check we have been keeping to our service standards.
Starting in April 2020, we will provide you with a ‘personal partnership statement’ every year. This will include information on the parts of our business residents have told us are important to them, such as repairs.
- We will carry out any necessary annual servicing.
- We will provide information and advice to help you to stay safe in your home
- We have a section on our website to explain how we tackle anti-social behaviour
- We will make sure our people have the right skills and training to help tackle, prevent and overcome anti-social behaviour
- We work with local police and other services to tackle anti-social behaviour
- We mean to reward loyal residents who have lived with us for over 12 months without ever breaching their tenancy. We have yet to agree how we do this, but we will let you know when we do.
- Our staff will have the latest technology so they can answer your enquiries wherever they are and a time that works best for you.
- We will be clear about how we will work with you to resolve any problems.
- We will understand and listen to your problems or concerns and offer you the right support to help you deal with them.
- Our people will have the skills and training they need to offer you advice that is right and current.
- We will closely monitor your account and contact you as early as possible to discuss any areas of concern.
- We will work with other organisations to help you with benefits, your finances and grants to help you get the things you need in your home.