We routinely ask customers ‘how satisfied are you that Accent listens to your views and acts upon them?’ because:
- Ensuring customers are meaningfully involved in decision-making at a local and at a strategic level is one of our corporate strategy objectives.
- We are tracking the success of the measures we are taking to improve the way we engage with and consult with customers.
- Our regulators use this measure of satisfaction to check that Accent is operating in a fair and responsible manner.
In the latest survey 52.9% of customers indicated that they were satisfied which, although disappointing, is an improvement on last year’s result of 50.9%. A more detailed breakdown of the responses is available here.
Customers are disappointed with the lack of opportunities to influence service delivery at Accent, which is something we clearly need to address. Here are some of the things we are working on:
Repairs & Maintenance Transformation
We know that many of you have been let down by our repairs service over the last year. While the pandemic contributed to this, we know there is more we could do to improve the service. The Repairs & Maintenance Transformation project will involve:
- Understanding where working with local contractors would deliver a more flexible repairs service.
- Managing our relationships with contractors more effectively.
- Empowering staff to deliver practical solutions to problems, without necessarily having to adhere to processes or policies.
We’ve consulted with customers and staff to determine which are the most important parts of the repairs service. These all feature in our Repairs Promise. Read our Repairs Promise and give your views here.
Grass Roots Engagement
We have heard loudly and clearly that the services which matter most to you are those which directly affect your living environment (for example; grounds maintenance, the way your estate is landscaped etc.). We are committed to creating and increasing opportunities for customers to meaningfully influence service delivery at a ‘grass roots’ level. This will involve:
- Service charge consultations
- Customer involvement in specification design and contract procurement
- Developing local offers and estate improvement plans in collaboration with customers
You can find out about some of the work that is already underway in our dedicated customer engagement newsletter, News & Views.
It may be some time since you last saw our staff out and about on your estates. Now that most restrictions have been lifted our thoughts are firmly fixed on you, providing you with a personal experience and seeing you face-to-face once again.
We have already visited many estates across the country to catch-up with customers (new and existing), to find out how you have been coping and to hear your concerns:
- North East: Glamis Walk, Mohan Court, Grove Hill, Oxbridge Park, Upper Princess & Upper Oxford Street, Woodhouse
- North West: Burrans Meadow, Kent Street, Moss Side
- Yorkshire: Stanley Road, Shirley Manor Gardens, St Blaise Court, Thornville Court
- East: Earl Close, Milton Court, Townsend Close, Yarwell Court
- South:, Albion Court, Bagshot Green, Franklands, James Road, Old Dean
Don’t worry if we’ve not made our way to your area just yet – we’re working our way around the country. We’ll let you know in good time if we are visiting your area. We hope to see as many of you as possible.
Join the Accent 1000
An informal online community of involved residents, who take part in regular surveys and consultations.