Why do I need Contents Insurance? 

Whether you rent your home with us, are a shared owner or homeowner, Accent will not cover your personal belongings or contents should anything happen. Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover for you to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one. We encourage you to shop around for the best deals and look at what different suppliers will cover and the value they will cover up to.

We have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants and shared owners living in social housing.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
  • Please visit the thistlemyhome.co.uk for more information or to request a call back.
MyHome Contents Insurance

My Home Contents Insurance

This video from My Home, gives an introduction to Contents Insurance and explains more about the service provided by Thistle Home Insurance.

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy.

It is important to protect your belongings and your Landlord suggests that you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services are a company that specialises in social housing contents insurance, however there are also other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.

Buildings Insurance 

Accent cover the buildings insurance for all homes we own or part home.  If your home has building insurance cover with us, you do not need to take out a separate policy. If you’re a freeholder, you will need to buy your own buildings insurance. Your agreement will confirm who is responsible for insuring the building 

What is covered? 

Generally, the fabric of the building is covered under this policy. However, it does not include repairing the actual source of the fault such as a leaking pipe that has caused an escape of water. If the escape of water then caused damage to ceilings, walls etc., then these would be covered as consequential damage.  

Most properties related to us are covered by our building insurance, but if you are unsure what is covered, please check your lease or agreement to find out. 

How do I make a claim 

If you are a tenant, you do not need to make a claim. Please report the repair as normal through MyAccount or by contacting our Technical Hub. Our team will make a claim on the buildings policy if we need to.  

If you are a leaseholder or shared owner, please contact Arthur J Gallagher (AJG) directly on 01245 341255 or jo_stevenson@ajg.com to put in a claim.  

If you’re a freeholder, owning 100% of your home, you will need to sort your own buildings insurance cover. 

If you have any questions, please contact our team.  

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size