The information on this page was correct at the time of publishing.
Our National Scrutiny Group reviewed our processes for fire safety.
They recommended several measures to improve awareness of fire evacuation policies, which included:
- Updating the fire safety information displayed in communal areas.
- Hand-delivered leaflets describing the evacuation procedure for the building.
- A video describing the measures customers can take to stay safe in their homes or evacuate safely if they need to.
You can find out which evacuation procedure applies to your block here.
The National Scrutiny Group carried out a follow-up survey to find out how successful these measures have been. The full results are available here.
The survey revealed that certain measures have helped to improve awareness of fire evacuation procedures – but there is still more work to do to make sure the message lands.
Here are some of the things we’re working on:
- Our fire safety team making a guest appearance at the regular coffee mornings on Independent Living schemes to answer questions or address any concerns about fire safety.
- Explaining the evacuation procedure as part of the ‘7 Day Settling In Call’ that all new customers should receive.
- Using the 4-week visit from the Customer Partner, that all new customers should receive, as an opportunity to remind customers about fire safety.
- Translating existing building safety literature into ‘easy-read’ format. (Find out more about easy-read here).
- Providing a copy of your block’s fire safety information on MyDocuments, a new feature of MyAccount (the online portal for managing your tenancy/lease).
- Exploring the possibility of including homeowners in our gas servicing contract.
- Reminding homeowners who sublet their properties of their responsibilities as a landlord, in terms of health and safety.
- More accurate and detailed recording of customer information to determine which customers may need further assistance from Accent or their local fire service to escape from a fire, if they need to.
We’ll keep you updated about our progress on these activities.
In the meantime, you can find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions here.