Accent Housing would like to wish each and every one of our customers and tenants a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, 2021 has not been without its challenges. So, we would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding over the past 12 months.
We have huge plans for 2022, and we hope to improve our services further and provide even more affordable homes for tenants.
Accent Housing would also like to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of our employees and contractors – a challenging year was made easier thanks to your dedicated work.
Staying Safe This Christmas
For many of us, this festive season will be a quieter one compared to Christmasses past. Due to the new COVID-19 variant, some of us may feel safer when celebrating with fewer people – and that’s perfectly OK.
It is important to take precautions that will keep yourself and others safe. It is also important to only join celebrations if you are comfortable doing so.
We have shared our tips to help you stay safe this Christmas – you can read them here.
Highlights From 2021
As the year draws to an end, it is a good opportunity to look back on what has been achieved in 2021. Despite the challenges, Accent Housing had many highlights in 2021.
- New developments started – The Accent team began a series of new developments to provide new homes for tenants. The properties range from one-bedroom to four-bedroom homes and are a mix of rental properties and shared ownership properties. This includes developments in Peterborough, Ramset, Ely and Huntingdon.
- Improved repairs service – Accent Housing also worked hard to improve our repairs and maintenance service in 2021. We know that our service is still a long way off being perfect, but we are pleased to have made some positive improvements off the back of your feedback. The complete overhaul of our repairs service is expected to be complete in 2022.
- Carried out almost 2,000 planned improvements – despite the COVID-19 restrictions, we were able to carry out 1,957 planning improvements to our existing properties. This included new windows, doors, heating systems, kitchens and bathrooms.
- New strategic partnership – we announced a new strategic partnership with Homes England. As part of the government’s Affordable Homes Programme (AHP) 2021-2026, Accent will lead on the project with three key partners; Habinteg, Leeds Federated and PA Housing.
- YourVoice launched – Accent Housing also launched Your Voice this year. Your Voice is a dedicated website that provides an opportunity for customers and tenants to give their feedback on important topics. Tenants can take part in surveys and consultations, subscribe to our online community of ‘involved’ customers and keep up to date on how we have improved our services.
- Appointed two new executive directors – Accent was pleased to announce that we had appointed Kirsty Spark as the new executive director of finance & ICT and created a brand new role of executive director of assets & sustainability, which was appointed to Julie Wittich.
- Appointed new contractor – Orona Group will start a five-year contract as our contractor for all passenger and stairlift servicing and repairs.
- ‘Building A Safer Future’ charter – Accent Housing was also proud to announce that we signed the ‘Building A Safer Future’ charter, which aims to “promote urgent and positive change in the culture and behaviour of those working in the building environment so that safety always comes first”. It was established following the tragic Grenfell Tower fire.
Overall, 2021 has been a positive year for Accent Housing and we hope to have even more positive news to share in 2022.
Don’t forget! Accent Housing will close at 4pm on Christmas Eve and will not reopen until 8am on December 29. Our out-of-hours emergency service will be available during these hours for anyone in need of an emergency repair. Find out more about reporting an emergency repair over the festive period here.