Thank you to everybody who completed the recent tenant satisfaction survey. A huge 5,800 customers took part, which represents over 34% of our customers. The results, and the feedback we collect throughout the year, have given us a clear understanding of what customers think of the services we provide and highlighted where we must focus more attention to improve. Read more about the TSMs and their purpose here.
These results are from customers who rent their homes from us.
63% of customers living in rental homes said they are ‘very’ or ‘fairly’ satisfied with the overall service provided by Accent. A further 13% of customers responded that they are not necessarily satisfied nor dissatisfied with our service.
- 62% of customers were satisfied with the overall repairs service they received over the last 12 months.
- 58% of customers were satisfied with the time it took to complete their most recent repair.
- 63% of customers are satisfied their home is well maintained.
An important part of providing the affordable and comfortable homes we promise is to deliver a reliable and cost-effective repairs and maintenance service. We have done lots of work to improve this, including:
- Remodelling how we work and bringing in new, skilled teams to deliver our services.
- Improving our processes for preventing damp and mould.
- Investing in our planned maintenance programme (£12M in 2022/23).
- 68% of customers are satisfied that we provide a home which is safe.
Above all else, we are committed to maintaining safe homes. From complying with the latest regulations and legislation, to employing specialist teams, and to using the latest technology, we invest and constantly evolve to make sure all our customers live in a home which is safe.
Listening to you
- 65% of customers said they are treated fairly and with respect.
- 61% of customers said they were satisfied that they are kept informed about the things that matter to them.
- 52% of customers said they are satisfied that we listen to their views and act on them.
Acting on your feedback is a top priority for us, and we want this score to be much higher.
- We have recruited customers to our Customer Experience Committee and Board to make sure customers’ views are heard and acted on at the highest level.
- We are currently working on a new customer engagement strategy which will see more opportunities for customers to get involved.
- Our housing partners now manage a much smaller patch size so they can be out and about more and provide a more personalised service.
- Our independent living customers have a dedicated scheme manager to provide help and support.
We have a collective of Accent customers we consult with. Being part of this group is a great way in which you can share your views and ideas and help us shape the services we deliver. Click here for more information or give us a call.
- 26% of you are happy with how we respond to complaints.
How we respond to complaints is a top priority. There is a lot of work to be done, but we have made some improvements:
- We have updated our systems to improve our handling of complaints.
- We are providing new training for staff, so they have the skills they need to manage complaints effectively and to communicate better with customers.
- We are developing new policies to make sure customers can access the help they need.
Your Schemes and Neighbourhoods
- 57% of customers are satisfied we keep communal areas clean and well maintained.
- 48% of customers are satisfied we make a positive contribution to neighbourhoods.
- 51% of customers are satisfied with how we tackle anti-social behaviour.
- We recently launched ‘My Estate Walkabout’ – a new inspection process which involves customers and staff visiting estates and working together to highlight issues and discuss possible solutions.
- Our newly formed anti-social behaviour (ASB) task group is reviewing our policies to understand more about how improvements can be made in the year ahead.
- Our new community development and inclusion team are working to identify opportunities and initiatives to grow community partnerships and find projects that bring people together to shape our neighbourhoods for the better.
What we’ve mentioned here, and in our results leaflet, are just a few examples of how we are focussed on improving our services. We’ll be issuing more information about how we are performing, and the improvements we are making, throughout the year.