With you for Your Journey
We aim to be at the forefront of how housing is delivered in the 21st Century.
Since 1966, Accent has provided homes and services for a diverse range of customers. From those in acute housing need, to those taking their first step onto the housing ladder, and from those just wanting a solid base to bring up their family, to those needing homes and services that support them to age well and live independently for longer.
Our homes are safe, secure and affordable homes – a basic requirement for living a better life.
With you for your Journey
We are a housing association that works to improve people's lives.
Our Primary Themes
- Affordable and Secure Homes
- Service Choice and Innovation
- Empowered and Talented People
- Ambitious and Resilient Business
We look forward to working with our current and future customers and our strategic partners to ensure Accent is 'With you for your Journey.'
Our core values - respectful, creative, dependable and open and honest - sum up exactly what we stand for. They are relevant to every market we work in. Wherever possible, everyone we work with (including our suppliers and contractors), has similar values.
- We are a trusted advocate of the individual and the community.
- We build our business around the customer, and motivate our people to get the right results for our customers and partners.
- In making decisions we always take our customers' views into account and put ourselves in their position.
- We welcome and encourage involvement in decision-making processes by our customers and partners.
- We are 'easy to do business with'.
- Our people are passionate and enthusiastic about their work and the vision we have set out, and we give clear direction to support this.
- We respect and value our people’s contributions to the success of the organisation.
- We encourage and reward creative ideas that help to continually improve our services and bring in new business.
- We help our people and customers fulfil their potential.
- We have developed a culture that permits people to take risks and learn from their mistakes.
- We have built our business over 40 years and utilise our experience and heritage.
- We have a strong financial track record and our people are knowledgeable and professional in their work.
- We are aware of risk but not averse to it. We have developed highly effective mechanisms to manage risk that enable us to take advantage of opportunity without jeopardising our solidity.
- We are aware of our impact as a business on the environment and look at ways of minimising this impact.
- We are committed to quality and customer service excellence.
- We are a dependable business partner and an organisation our customers can trust and rely on.
- We expect everyone to uphold the integrity and reputation of Accent by keeping customers and other stakeholders informed about progress and performance.
- Staff are transparent and honest in all interactions, even when the news may not be received positively.
- We also expect tenants and residents to be open and honest with us.