Providing great places to live
We have been providing high quality social housing for rent and sale for over 40 years, and we remain firmly committed to providing our residents with the excellent homes and top quality services they have a right to expect. We currently own and manage over 20,500 homes across the country, which over 34,000 residents call home.
Our residents' homes and services are managed by Accent North East, Accent North West and Accent Yorkshire and Humberside in the north, Accent Peerless in the south and Accent Nene in the east.
We also administer award winning employment, training, vocational and business support projects which support our residents and their communities.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE… improving homes, communities and lives
The four objectives we have set to help us achieve our vision are:
- Deliver excellent, locally agreed services.
- Provide high quality homes to live in.
- Support our residents to sustain their homes and communities.
- Be an ambitious and successful business.
Our core values - respectful, creative and dependable - sum up exactly what we stand for. They are relevant to every market we work in. Wherever possible, everyone we work with (including our suppliers and contractors), has similar values.
- We want to become a trusted advocate of the individual and the community.
- We build our business around the customer, and motivate our people to get the right results for our customers and partners.
- In making decisions we always take into account our customers' views and put ourselves in their position.
- We welcome and encourage involvement in decision-making processes by our customers and partners.
- We will be 'easy to do business with.
- We want our people to be passionate and enthusiastic about their work and the vision we have set out, and we give clear direction to support this.
- We respect and value our people’s contributions to the success of the organisation.
- We encourage and reward creative ideas that help to continually improve our services and bring in new business.
- We also take steps to help our people and customers fulfil their potential.
- Above all, we aim to develop a culture that permits people to take risks and learn from their mistakes.
- We have built our business over 40 years and utilise our experience and heritage.
- We have a strong financial track record and our people are knowledgeable and professional in their work.
- We are aware of risk but not averse to risk. We have developed highly effective mechanisms to manage risk that enable us to take advantage of opportunity without jeopardising our solidity. We are aware of our impact as a business on the environment and are working towards minimising this impact.
- We are committed to quality and customer service excellence.
- We strive to be a dependable business partner and an organisation our customers can trust and rely on.