Providing great places to live
Accent has been providing high quality social housing for rent and sale for 50 years and we remain firmly committed to providing our residents with the excellent homes and top quality services they have a right to expect. We currently own and manage over 21,500 homes across the country, which over 34,000 residents call home.
Our residents' homes and services are managed by our regional offices in Middlesbrough, Burnley, Camberley and Peterborough. Our head office is located in Shipley, West Yorkshire, where our Yorkshire management team are also based.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE…
We have set three objectives to help us achieve our vision:
- Improving homes.
- Improving communities and lives.
- Delivering a personal, modern and better service.
Our core values - respectful, creative, dependable and open and honest - sum up exactly what we stand for. They are relevant to every market we work in. Wherever possible, everyone we work with (including our suppliers and contractors), has similar values.
- We are a trusted advocate of the individual and the community.
- We build our business around the customer, and motivate our people to get the right results for our customers and partners.
- In making decisions we always take our customers' views into account and put ourselves in their position.
- We welcome and encourage involvement in decision-making processes by our customers and partners.
- We are 'easy to do business with'.
- Our people are passionate and enthusiastic about their work and the vision we have set out, and we give clear direction to support this.
- We respect and value our people’s contributions to the success of the organisation.
- We encourage and reward creative ideas that help to continually improve our services and bring in new business.
- We help our people and customers fulfil their potential.
- We have developed a culture that permits people to take risks and learn from their mistakes.
- We have built our business over 40 years and utilise our experience and heritage.
- We have a strong financial track record and our people are knowledgeable and professional in their work.
- We are aware of risk but not averse to it. We have developed highly effective mechanisms to manage risk that enable us to take advantage of opportunity without jeopardising our solidity.
- We are aware of our impact as a business on the environment and look at ways of minimising this impact.
- We are committed to quality and customer service excellence.
- We are a dependable business partner and an organisation our customers can trust and rely on.
OPEN AND HONEST
- We expect everyone to uphold the integrity and reputation of Accent by keeping customers and other stakeholders informed about progress and performance.
- Staff are transparent and honest in all interactions, even when the news may not be received positively.
- We also expect tenants and residents to be open and honest with us.