This July we're heading out on a 4-week tour of our regions. It started on Monday 2 July in Ashford, Kent and finishes on Thursday 26 July in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire.
During the tour we hope to be able to meet and speak with as many of our residents as possible. Full details of when we'll be in your area are below, we really hope you can make it out to see us.
We're always keen to find out what you think of our services and how you feel they can be improved so please come and let us know. We've also got lots of things we'd like to share with you, including the launch of our new customer portal, which we're calling 'MyAccount'. It's due to launch for everyone on Monday 23 July, but we'll be able to give residents who visit our 'tour van' an early glimpse of what to expect.
Here's when we'll be in your area:
Thursday 12 July – Allerton and Keighley
- 10.00am - 12.00pm: Ryedale Way, Allerton (in the main car park)
- 2.00pm - 3.00pm: Greenfeild Court, Keighley (In the main car park)
Friday 13 July – South Kirby and Manningham
- 10.00am - 12.00pm: Ings Close, South Kirkby (in the main car park)
- 2.00pm - 4.00pm: Aurelia House and Oakhurst Court and Thornville Court (Aurelia House car park)
Monday 16 July – Bradford
- 10.00am - 11.00pm: Pool Court (in the main car park)
- 11.30pm - 12.30pm: Hetton Court and Wetton Court (near the grassed communal area)
- 2.00pm - 4.00pm: Shirley Manor Gardens (in the main car park)
Tuesday 17 July – Bradford
- 10.00am - 11.30pm: Longrow Court, Mountbatten Court and Raymond Street (near the grass in front of Lindsey Court)
- 12.30pm - 2.00pm: Clough Street and Chancery Court (on the main road outside the Post Office)
As part of the day we've also arranged for two repairs operatives from Ian Williams, our repairs and maintenance contractors, to be on-site at every event. So if you've got an 'non-emergency repair' you'd like them to take a look at just come along and speak to one of the team on the van. We'll make arrangements for them to come and see you on the day to fix your repair.
The Accent 500
If you’re not able to come to one of our events, but you'd like an opportunity to help shape our services and give feedback then you might be interested in the Accent 500. The Accent 500 is an online community of involved residents who regularly complete surveys and give their opinions on our services. It's a great way of letting us know how we're doing – from the comfort of your own home. For more information or to join the Accent 500 simply complete the simple form at the top of the page on the Accent Hub.
Finally, on behalf of the whole team here in Yorkshire I'd like to say that we're all very much looking forward to meeting you whilst out on the tour. Fingers crossed this warmer weather continues for the next three weeks!
Customer Experience Manager