This July we're heading out on a 4-week tour of our regions. It started on Monday 2 July in Ashford, Kent and finishes on Thursday 26 July in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire.
During the tour we hope to be able to meet and speak with as many of our residents as possible. Full details of when we'll be in your area are below, we really hope you can make it out to see us.
We're always keen to find out what you think of our services and how you feel they can be improved so please come and let us know. We've also got lots of things we'd like to share with you, including the launch of our new customer portal, which we're calling 'MyAccount'. It's due to launch for everyone on Monday 23 July, but we'll be able to give residents who visit our 'tour van' an early glimpse of what to expect.
Here's when we'll be in your area:
Wednesday 18 July – Chorley and Leyland
- 12.00pm - 2.00pm: The Martindales, Clayton-le-Woods (in the car park opposite scheme entrance)
– An opportunity for you to have a say on the location of a new recycling area
- 2.30pm - 4.30pm: Robin Hey and Alder Close (Robin Hey: Left hand side at entrance. Alder Close: On roadside near 104 Alder Close)
– An opportunity for you to have a say about the landscaping of your neighbourhood
Thursday 19 July – Burnley and Low Moor
- 11.00am - 12.00pm: Arley Gardens, Low Moor (in the main car park)
- 12.00pm - 1.30pm: Mountree Fold, Burnley (end of Stanthorpe walk)
- 2.30pm - 4.30pm Kent Street and Belgrave Court (in car park opposite 35 Kent Street)
Friday 20 July – Accrington and Colne
- 11.00am - 1.30pm: Howard Close, Accrington (outside 17 Howard Close)
- 2.30pm - 4.30pm: Patten Street and Burrans Meadow and Duke Street and Blascomay Square (next to playground on Patten Street)
– An opportunity for you to share any ideas you may have about the children’s play area on your scheme
As part of the day we've also arranged for a surveyor and representatives of our repairs team, to be on-site at every event. So if you've got an 'non-emergency repair' you'd like them to take a look at just come along and speak to one of the team on the van.
The Accent 500
If you’re not able to come to one of our events, but you'd like an opportunity to help shape our services and give feedback then you might be interested in the Accent 500. The Accent 500 is an online community of involved residents who regularly complete surveys and give their opinions on our services. It's a great way of letting us know how we're doing – from the comfort of your own home. For more information or to join the Accent 500 simply complete the simple form at the top of the page on the Accent Hub.
Finally, on behalf of the whole team here in Burnley I'd like to say that we're all very much looking forward to meeting you on whilst out on the tour. Fingers crossed this warmer weather continues for the next three weeks!
Customer Experience Manager