Delivering value for money, and being open and honest about how we do it, is a very important part of our business. Here, you can find information on the way we conduct our day-to-day business and how we spend some of our money. The details include:
- Our Value for Money Self Assessments for for the last five years.
- Our Annual Report and Audited Accounts for the last four years.
- Accent Housing's self-assessment against the Homes and Communities Agency's Consumer Standards for 2016/17.
- Board members and staff salaries by job title and ‘salary band’.
- How we perform as a business.
VALUE FOR MONEY SELF ASSESSMENTS
Our Strategic Approach to Value for Money
Our value for money strategy for 2016/17 is about 'making more of a difference' through getting the best value for money in everything we do. Each year, we energise the strategy by having a spcific value for money theme which enables our staff to identify with the strategy and understand how they all contribute to achieving it on a daily basis.
For 2016/17 our theme is Let Well, Sustain Well, Serve Well, Leave Well.
- Letting the right home to the right customer to reduce turnover.
- Identifying where we own the wrong homes for our customers and responding with active asset management.
- Delivering good quality services which ensure turnover reduces, particularly in the first 12 months.
- Delivering on our digital servie strategy to improve the customer experience.
- Understanding why our customers leave and change tenancy and managing this efficiently.
- Ensuring our development plans deliver the right home in the right area.
Our assessments for the last five years can be viewed and downloaded below.
- Value for Money Self Assessment 2016/17
- Value for Money Self Assessment 2015/16
- Value for Money Self Assessment 2014/15
- Value for Money Self Assessment 2013/14
- Value for Money Self Assessment 2012/13
The regulator’s value for money standard is: "Registered providers shall articulate and deliver a comprehensive approach to achieving value for money in meeting their objectives, taking into account the interests of and commitments to stakeholders. This means managing their resources economically, efficiently and effectively to provide quality services and homes, and planning for and delivering year on year improvements in value for money”. Our self-assessment covers Accent Group and all our subsidiaries.
ACCENT GROUP ANNUAL REPORT AND AUDITED ACCOUNTS
Our process for our audited accounts has been more efficient and streamlined this year, resulting from a simplified organisational structure, our new ‘personal, modern and better’ customer service offer and the launch of the group's single registered provider, Accent Housing.
- Accent Group Audited Accounts 2016/17
- Accent Group Audited Accounts 2015/16
- Accent Group Audited Accounts 2014/15
- Accent Group Audited Accounts 2013/14
ACCENT HOUSING SELF-ASSESSMENT AGAINST THE HCA CONSUMER STANDARDS
All registered providers must comply with the Homes and Communities Agency's Consumer Standards. This is our ‘self-assessment’ of how we meet these standards.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act does not apply to Accent, but we want to be accountable for our actions. We want to give you the chance to see how we conduct our business and challenge us on anything you think is expensive, unreasonable or unnecessary.
We will consider requests for information that is not shown on this, or other pages, but we have the right to refuse to share information that we feel, for instance, puts our business at risk, concerns legal matters, or that puts us in breach of the Data Protection Act.
In sharing other information, except when we are legally obliged to do so, we will consider whether we think:
- The information shared is actually useful to the person requesting it.
- Value for money – if the cost of supplying the information is justified.
- Whether the information is sensitive to the business or any individual.
The final decision as to whether a piece of information is shared or not rests with the executive team or the appropriate customer services committee.
We are governed by the Data Protection Act, which may limit the information we can share in some circumstances.
WHAT CAN YOU FIND
These items are published on this page as links. By clicking on these, you will be re-directed to where this information is stored on our website for you to view and download.
- Details of board and committee members’ salaries.
- Details of staff salaries by salary band (updated information to follow shortly).
- Details of our board and executive team members.
- The notes from our most recent Accent Residents' Panel meeting.
- Our annual reports.
- Our latest business plan.
- Our customer leaflets and service guarantees.
- Our approach to equality and diversity.
- How we use your personal information.
- Terms and conditions/the small print.
- Our strategic objectives and values.
- National Housing Federation Code of Governance 2015.
Our company and society rules are currently being updated and are not available to download from our website. If you would like copies of any of them, please contact us on 0345 678 0555.