Homes and services for the 21st century
Our commitment is to provide high quality homes for people in housing need in communities where they are proud to live.
Setting out how we do that is our Business Plan 'Our 2020 Vision' and our three key themes; supporting aspirations, building and improving our homes and new opportunities and growth.
Central to the delivery of our Business Plan is the Accent Offer, built around three key themes; personal, modern and better. Together, these form our future vision of Accent - a thriving, successful organisation.
The Accent vision is ‘Making a difference… improving homes, communities and lives’ it sums up everything we stand for and everything we do, and we do not feel it needs to change. We have, however, updated our strategic objectives. We still want to achieve the same things, but we want our staff to be able to get behind them and understand how the things they do as individuals in their day to day jobs contribute to achieving the Accent vision.
Our simplified objectives are:
- Improving homes
- Improving communities and lives
- Delivering a personal, modern and better service.
More information on each objective below, or alternatively you can download the full version of our Business Plan.
- We will focus on supporting our residents if they need help to manage their tenancy, or in times of crisis.
- Our service offer will meet our residents' needs and aspirations as their circumstances change.
- We will extend the range of services our contact centre provides, improve connectivity and establish a unified platform for integrated communications.
- We will ensure our residents can do business with us at a time, and in a way, that suits them.
- We will focus on helping our residents sustain their tenancies and support those with aspirations for homeownership.
- We will prioritise the services which support our residents in tough times.
- We will invest in our specialist tenancy support and income recovery support teams to help us meet the challenges ahead.
- We are committed to delivering 1,250 new homes to rent or buy by 2021.
- We are committed to investing £150M in our homes, communities and services so our residents are proud to live in an Accent home.
- We will look to deliver new homes in the communities that need them, not simply in the areas we want to grow.
- Our target is to grow to at least 30,000 homes by 2020.
- We will actively pursue mergers and new partnerships to increase our opportunities for development and improved value for money.
- We will promote our low cost back office services as a value for money alternative to smaller organisations.
We are governed by a single Accent Board, which is supported by five regional compliance and scrutiny committees. This simplified structure has made us fit for the future and stronger together, able to make quicker and more effective decisions with less bureaucracy, and able to make even more of a difference to our services and our residents.
Like all other housing associations, we are facing risks and there are some uncertain times ahead but we have anticipated them in our business plan and we will manage them at the same time as achieving our ambition to grow and become a first-class landlord delivering excellent services, and seeking out any new opportunities that may come our way.
We are ready to face the future as one Accent - Accent Housing.